{Left} prettyKnurd M. {Middle} B. {Right} Chloe'

Thursday, December 23, 2010

DAY ELEVEN:

Welp!.. today's pursuit was about seeking information. I had time to search different fashion sites that could be beneficial to me and my aspirations! With in the search I stumbled over two that I found interesting. One being thesartorialist.blogspot.com which is right here on Blogger & two style.com. The Sartorialist displays street fashion all around the world but mainly in New York, Paris, & Tokyo. Style.com gives you the option to search a number of fashion designers and their shows up to 2008. The first designer I decided to take a look @ was Alexander McQueen and the show I focused on was about a Victorian princess that lived in a tree but escapes into the world we live into today! I Loved the story!!
Click to view more..

Also I got the chance to meet with a young lady named Kia K. in which she is a student @ the London College of fashion. We initially met to go over some options for fashion college(She says Europe has the best Fashion schools. Tuition is less & time spent is less), however we got into a whole fashion 101 session and I was grateful for every moment. One of the things we covered was where do I get my inspiration from? The only answer I had was "from visual memory of ideas I may have sub consciously stored, that I happen to find intriguing"! That answer was good but not the answer she was going for. Kia shared that normally, inspiration comes from two segments. Frequently, a specific time period and anything else inspiring or a time period and a sub culture. Her advice and information was very insightful! And for this topic I took her back to style.com and shared the Victorian Tree princess story and that was the perfect example she was looking to give me!

No comments:

Post a Comment